The city’s estate auction of five Manhattan condos and a co-op produced winning bids totaling $1.355 million.
However, three of the units went unsold at the event, which took place in the Surrogate Court’s building (left) starting at 11:30 a.m.
Following are the results, which I obtained (while supposedly on vacation) by telephone from Patricia Brown in the office of Public Administrator Ethel J. Griffin of New York County:
- 570 Grand St., #H1305, co-op, 1,350 square feet, three bedrooms, one and a half baths with monthly maintenance of $1,009. Minimum bid: $540,000, reduced by $40,000. Winning bid: $540,000.
- 116 Pinehurst Ave., #F53, co-op, 1,094 square feet, two bedrooms, maintenance of $1,138.36 and assessment of $142.74 monthly. Minimum bid: $620,000, a $60,000 reduction. Did not sell for second time and will be assigned to a broker.
- 204-206 W. 10th St., Apt. 3, co-op, 345 square feet, one bedroom, $634 maintenance per month. Minimum: $325,000. Did not sell and will go on the block one more time at a date to be set.
- 270 W. 17th St., Apt. 3H, condo, 552 square feet, three rooms, monthly common charges of $550 and annual taxes of $6,300. Minimum: $475,000. Winning bid: $555,000.
- 550 Grand St., Apt. G12E, co-op, 780 square feet, three bedrooms, one and a half baths, $719 monthly maintenance. Minimum: $260,000. Winning bid: $260,000.
- 3 Hanover Sq., Apt. 9B, co-op, 562 square feet, $774 maintenance. Minimum: $310,000. Did not sell and will be auctioned again.
The sales of the co-ops are subject to approval by their boards of directors. If they reject the purchaser, deposits are returned and there is no penalty.
As for the turnout, Ms. Brown said there was an “adequate” number of bidders.
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Senior Vice President
Charles Rutenberg Realty
127 E. 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
Tags: 116 Pinehurst Ave., 201 w. 70th St., 204-206 W. 10th St., 270 W. 17th St., 392 Central Park West, 550 Grand St., 570 Grand St., Auctions, Chinatown, Co-ops, Condos, Ethel J. Griffin, Financial District, Manhattan real estate, New York City Public Administrator, New York Real Estate, Pubic Administrator of Manhattan County, real estate auction, real estate sales, Upper West Side, Washington Heights