Two co-ops that bidders previously shunned and six newly available ones, plus a West Harlem condo, are scheduled to be auctioned from the estates of owners who left no wills by Public Administrator Ethel J. Griffin in Manhattan on Dec. 8 at 11:30 a.m.
In a rare occurrence, a property outside of Manhattan also is to go on the block. It is a single-family house in the East Hampton area with a minimum bid of $725,000. The house has one and a half stories over a basement and a two-car garage with annual taxes of $5,800. It can be inspected Nov. 20, Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Minimum bids for the apartments, which span Washington Heights and Chinatown, range from a low of $43,000 for a 304-sf co-op at 204 E. 7th St. to $460,000 for the condo, a 925-sf, two-bedroom unit at 1400 Fifth Ave.
There are three co-ops for buyers with limited income, and the results of past sales suggest that they will be the object of spirited building.
Below are the properties to be offered:
- 435 Convent Ave., #63, estate of Ruth Pugh, 1,366 square feet, two bedrooms, $1,084 monthly maintenance plus $90 assessment, minimum bid $325,000 from $350,000 previously;
- 570 Grand Street, #H1004, estate of Ethel Mack, 714 square feet, one bedroom, $850 maintenance, $35 fuel charge, $400,000 minimum from $450,000 previously;
- 204 E. 7th St., #12, estate of Gary Walden, 304 square feet, one bedroom, $375 maintenance, $43,000 minimum;
- 128-130 W. 138th St., #3D, estate of Eloise Christian, 572 square feet, three rooms, $385 maintenance, income limited, $48,000 minimum;
- 512 E. 11th St., #2D, estate of Carl Grimmett, 295 square feet, studio, $300 maintenance, income limited, $110,000 minimum;
- 1400 Fifth Ave., #2M, estate of Cynthia Kirkpatrick,952 square feet, two bedrooms, $594 common charges, $198 assessment, $6,582 annual tax, $460,000 minimum;
- 210 E. Broadway, #H604, estate of Beatrice Linton, 592 square feet, three rooms, $476 maintenance, $29 assessment, $370,000 minimum;
- 258 W. 117th St., #32E, estate of Ralph Williams, 500 square feet, $425 maintenance, income limited, $80,000 minimum;
- 180 Cabrini Blvd., #83, estate of Winfred Klaney, 800 square feet, three rooms, $1,026 maintenance, $172 assessment, $360,000 minimum;
- 25 Rolling Woods Court, estate of Kenneth Clark, single-family house, East Hampton area, $725,000 minimum.
The apartments may be inspected Nov. 29 and Dec. 1, 5, 6 and 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day.
The auction is to take place at 31 Chambers St., Room 503, just west of the Municipal Building.
To bid, take a certified or official bank check equal to 10 percent of the minimum bid and payable to the public administrator.
The money will not be refunded unless the co-op board rejects the bidder’s application to purchase the apartment.
As usual, the sale terms are all cash.
Properties that go unsold are put on the block one more time and then go to a real estate broker in the event there is no successful bidder.
The public administrator’s telephone number for further information is 212-788-8455. If you’d like to discuss the properties or would appreciate having broker representation at the auction, which bidders must attend in person, please feel free to be in touch with me.
Tomorrow: Out and About — Everything’s coming up roses
To take your own bite out of the Big Apple, search for your new home here.
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Senior Vice President
Charles Rutenberg Realty
127 E. 56th Street
New York, NY 10022