A week or two after I went for my annual full-body scan by my dermatologist, a follow-up “medical practice survey” arrived in the mail. I was pleased to see that I was asked to rank the quality of 36 areas, including these:
- Courtesy of the person who scheduled your appointment
- Our promptness in returning your phone calls
- Length of wait before going to an exam room
- Waiting time in exam room before being seen by he care provider
- Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
- Our sensitivity to your needs
- Overall rating of care received during your visit
I’m happy to have received the opportunity to provide feedback, an increasingly common practice. I’m happier still that I was able to grade my visit 5 (very good) on a scale of 5 every time.
Omitting the exam room criteria, the survey seems like a pretty good way to evaluate your real estate broker, no?
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Senior Vice President
Charles Rutenberg Realty
127 E. 56th Street
New York, NY 10022