Weekly Roundup: New Yorkers see little change in 2012, a slugger scores, new-home sales slip

You may want to “like” Service You Can Trust on Facebook if you haven’t yet and find much information not in daily posts.

Bank moratorium leads to sharp drop in foreclosures citywide, swooning to lowest number in last seven years

Apartment values increase 3.6 percent in five boroughs, including rental buildings

Map shows younger singles looking for a mate or date where to live

With growing pessimism, surveyed New Yorkers expect real estate market to remain virtually unchanged over the year

Plethora of studios and one-bedrooms forces price cutting from Murray Hill to the Upper East Side

Report shows that things are not quite so sunny in paradise

Millionaire hoopster takes 58 percent loss on sale of North Bergen condo

Slugger scores with Rushmore flip

She seems drawn to sex in a city of suburbs

Actor couple alights in full-floor Tribeca loft and why they got a steep discount

Retiring Yankee isn’t shy about asking $11.5 million for 5,600-sf East Side condo

Mickelson, Wilander refuse to throw in the towel (2nd, 3rd items)

Volume of signed contracts in December is 5.6 percent higher than a year earlier

Sales of ‘used’ homes rise, their supply eases and analysts are reservedly pleased

But November sales of homes with conventional mortgages slip 18.8 percent from 2007 peak

Florida posts third year of growing sales as prices fall

Trade group says there’s 2.5 million shortfall of rental units

No metro west of El Paso is in  top 10 U.S. regions with the highest year-over-year hikes in median list price during 2011

Sales and supply of new homes decline from November to Decemberand economists find little to cheer

Foreclosure sales of properties owned by banks fall off in third quarter

Loan activity drops 5 percent

Best guess is no increase in benchmark interest rate before 2014, Fed chief says

While still low, rates turn up

You now can take complaints about lenders to the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau

Site says 10,000 New Yorkers average $21,000 annually renting out rooms via airbnb

Buyers unabashedly unburden themselves of complaints about their agents

‘Don’t blame us,’ appraisers declare

When contemplating purchase of winter vacation home, buyers must proceed with eyes wide open

If you’re comparing just the cost of owning and renting, an economist says buying a house may soon be better choice

They may be learning, but kitchen appliances need to smarten up some more

BrickUnderground.com reveals everything there is to know about temporary walls

To get your house in order, start slow, consider four other tips

Bank analyst with pretty good prediction record, expects ‘modest’ housing recovery in 2012

U.S. housing is more affordable than in other English-speaking countries

72 percent of homeowners satisfied with purchase, leaving 28 percent unhappy

Boston tops list of walkers to work, but NYC leads in pedestrian deaths from bicycles

Consumers cite referrals as most popular source of agents

Seller time in home grows 50 percent to nine years since 2008

Realtors’ confidence jumps over a year

Gradual home improvement activity boosts remodeling index to five-year high

Real estate executive sees rental vacancies dipping to 5 percent

Wall Street Journal predicts best and worst housing markets over long term

And Forbes lists cities ‘ripe for rebound’

Some economists who were optimistic about 2011 acknowledge errors in their predictions

Improved absorption rates expected to endure through 2012

Don’t be surprised if basically irrelevant Case-Shiller report next week shows price declines year over year

You can search for all New York City properties listed by various brokers, and I encourage you to be in touch with me for assistance and advice. You also may want to see my periodic critiques of properties that I visit in Out and About, which I post on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Subscribe by Email

Bookmark and Share Share This Post

Malcolm Carter
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Senior Vice President
Charles Rutenberg Realty
127 E. 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

M: 347-886-0248
F: 347-438-3201

Malcolm@ServiceYouCanTrust.com
Web site

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s